Campaign for the Cambridge Masonic Temple
Supporting a perpetual home for Freemasonry in Cambridge
Design & Renovation Plan
A professional interior design firm will be recruited in January 2018 to guide the renovation of the third floor game room and lounge as fully appointed social spaces for all of our members.
Renovations will restore the upper apartments to their original 1910 period style, with appropriate modern upgrades. Below are examples of modern, private clubs with early 20th century decor:
While the extent of the final renovations will be determined by the overall success of our campaign, our key improvement goals include:
- Repainted and/or refinished walls, floor and molding
- Removal of the drop ceiling; fully restored high ceilings
- New entertainment system (screen and stereo)
- New cabinetry and refrigeration, with storage for each lodge
- New furniture (wood and leather)
- New card table, pool table, dart board, and/or other gaming equipment
- Working fireplace
- Understated 1910-style decor
No specific design plans will be available until after contributors' preferences have been heard in 2018. Contributors will be invited to fall, winter and spring planning meetings to deliberate on improvements to the space.
Click here to learn more about how you will be recognized for your support in the finished game room. Special recognition opportunities also exist for big-ticket items that will benefit from support in amounts over $1,000.
Remember, the extent of the final renovations will be determined by the overall success of our campaign!